Saturday, August 25, 2007

A four star blog

That's right, coming to you from the heart of the Long Beach Hilton.

Ok, first a moment of bitching. Just a little, I have to. Why is it that hotels like the Hilton try and charge you for every little thing, when they are already taking a big chunk of money from you for the room? Like internet access for example. Why do we have to pay 10$ to have internet access here, when at all the cheap and moderately cheap hotels we stayed at gave you access for free? So we pay the 10 bucks and get a password. But when both LB and I try and sign in at the same time the connection is endlessly interrupted by annoying windows urging us to logout. Once I finish swearing I need some water. For only five dollars I could crack open the Evian placed temptingly near the window. No no, I will district my thirst with some TV. But then they only have like eight channels, in a patheticly transparent attempt to get me to rent Ocean's 13 for only 12$. Did I mention we have to pay 16$ to park our car overnight in their garage? And our first room had a goddamn roach in it. Give me a nice La Quinta anyday.

Okay, I feel better. Sorry about the bitching.

Shaking it off....

So Long Beach! I think this area is going to rule. The apartments are cheaper than Boston or San Francisco, and you can get a place right near the beach for the same price as a lean-to in the aforementioned cities. Lots of diversity, in skin pignment and sexuality. My kind of place.

2 comments:

Crawlspace said...

I went boogie boarding in the ocean at long beach once. I had a vicious sore throat. The water cured me. My 2 theories are:

1) there was so much medical waste, all the medicine kill the germs in my throat

2) The water was salty... and well, salt water is good for those things.

crse said...

Im actually way more excited about this location than San Francisco. Im pretty sure I wont ruin this city! How cool is it that Im BEHIND on your blog! I wonder how much it would have costed if LB had thrown that tv out the window....